Jay A. Harlan, DDS
Dr. Jay Harlan was born and raised in Bishop, Texas where he graduated as valedictorian of his high school class. He attended the University of Texas at Austin before he was accepted to The University of Texas Dental School in San Antonio. Dr. Harlan graduated from dental school as the salutatorian in a class of ninety-six, and was awarded the following honors:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award for Excellence from Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Wallace McNutt Award for Highest Achievement in Gross and Head & Neck Anatomy
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Award for Outstanding Achievement
- American College of Dentists Award for Outstanding Performance
- Armand J. Guarino Award for Excellence in Biomedical Science
- UTHSCSA Dental School Student Research Award for Outstanding Accomplishment in Dental Research
- Franklin Dolwick Student Research Award
- Xi Psi Phi Fraternity Scholarship Award for Highest Scholastic Average
- UTHSCSA General Practice Award for Outstanding Achievements
Following graduation, Dr. Harlan moved his family to Oklahoma where he completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 1992.
He went to work with Dr. Thomas F. Dudley and eventually purchased the business in 1994, being a solo practitioner until 2019 when his son, James M. Harlan, DDS, MD, joined him. Together, they have formed Harlan Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates.
Dr. Harlan married his wife, Janet, prior to entering dental school in 1984, and together, they have four children and seven grandchildren.
In his spare time, Dr. Harlan enjoys hunting, landscaping, and spending time with his family.
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, Oklahoma Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Oklahoma Dental Association
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology