Meet The Staff
Emily Mestas (Financial Coordinator)
- Emily has been with the practice since 2007, and was our receptionist for many years before transitioning to her current role. With her experience managing the front office, insurance claims, and billing, she can answer any questions you may have. She is married and has three children, and enjoys camping and traveling with her family.
Samantha Caswell (Scheduling Coordinator, Surgical Assistant)
- Samantha brings a wealth of experience in management and customer service to the position of receptionist and patient coordinator. Before joining our practice, she spent 17 years with Arby’s Restaurants as a General Manager and Training Coordinator. She is married with three children. In addition to working the front office, she is also an oral surgery assistant.
Lisa Wade (Surgical Assistant)
- Lisa has been an oral surgery assistant with the practice since 2001, and has been our lead assistant for many years. Before joining our practice, she spent five years in pediatric dentistry. She is married with two children, and has three grandchildren who make frequent visits to the office. Lisa is also a breast cancer survivor, thanks to early detection by a new genetic test, and has been asked to share her story with healthcare provider and patient interest groups to expand availability of genetic testing for at-risk women.
Brittany Powell (Surgical Assistant)
- Brittany grew up in Oklahoma City, but has lived in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and most recently Nashville, TN. She also has an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. She joined our practice in July, 2021 after moving back from Nashville, where she was an oral surgery assistant at the Oral Surgical Institute, the same office where Dr. James Harlan did his internship.
Erika Shannon (Surgical Assistant)
- Erika joined our practice after completing her training in dental assisting. She lives in Moore with her family and dogs, and is working on her prerequisites for dental hygiene school.
Yara Carreño (Surgical Assistant)
- Yara joined our practice after completing her training in dental assisting. She is bilingual, and makes frequent trips to visit her grandmother in Mexico. She always brings back Mexican treats for the staff that you can’t find here!